- Real-language search engine lets users ask questions without knowledge of Boolean search techniques.
- Searches through several search engines until 10 matches are found. Allows use of boolean and proximity operators.
- Uses text-matching techniques to find pages that are both important and relevant.
- Offers a point-and-click interface, pulldown menus, and the ability to use plain English terminology for constructing searches.
- Develops and provides online guides to locate and filter information on the Internet.
- Search Engine Watch
- Engine that relies on web surfing for quality searching results. Searchers vote on sites.
- Compilation of Web sites, indexed by subject and reviewed by editors with specific areas of expertise.
- Portal providing a category-based Web directory.
- Expert guidance from real people searching the Internet for the information, goods, and services that you need to know related to your passion.
- Digital Librarian
- Maintained by a librarian based in New York, this directory offers organized categories of Web sites.
- Internet Public Library
- Gathers links to reference materials covering computers, law, science, entertainment and education. Features sections for kids and teenagers.
- Google (must activate)
- Activate the search filter for family friendly searching.
- An internet search engine providing clean, relevant search results.