The following application can be downloaded and returned to any Harrison County Library System location. Employment applications are always accepted. If no positions are available at this time, we will keep your application on file.
Position: Branch Manager, Librarian I, Gulfport Public Library
Position is full time, exempt (40 hours per week). Position offers paid leave, paid health insurance, and participation in the state pension plan (PERS).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Selects, supervises, trains, and evaluates (annually) branch staff in compliance with System personnel policies
- Ensures excellent service to patrons and maintains an atmosphere conducive to serving patron needs
- Responsible for programming to enhance library services
- Responsible for maintenance of library building and grounds
- Assists in marketing library services to patrons and the community via media and outreach
- Responsible for collection development at branch in accordance with HCLS policy
- Maintains supplies needed for operation of branch
- Keeps Head Librarian informed of plans and needs of branch and coordinates branch services
- Prepares and submits petty cash report to HQ
- Prepares and submits monthly service statistics
- Attends professional meetings and other training opportunities to keep abreast of library trends
- Participates in desk schedule as needed to ensure that library service needs are met
- Other duties as needed or required by Head Librarian
- ALA-accredited MLIS Degree or Bachelor’s degree with appropriate experience
- Two years of supervisory experience
Salary: $29,889 to $33,196 depending on education and experience.
To Apply: Interested applicants should send the following to Mike Alexander, Gulfport Head Librarian at email@example.com by May 20. Desired start date is July 15.
- Cover letter detailing how they could contribute to our team and why they are interested in the position
- Resume with three non-family references
- HCLS application, available above. Please note that HCLS conducts a background check prior to hire.