The following application can be downloaded and returned to any Harrison County Library System location. Employment applications are always accepted. If no positions are available at this time, we will keep your application on file.
Position Available: Children’s Librarian–LAI
West Biloxi Library – 2047 Pass Rd, Biloxi, MS 39531 Contact: Deborah Lundy, Branch Manager
Open December 8, 2018 until filled
Under the general supervision of the branch manager, develops, organizes, and implements all aspects of children’s programming.
- Design and provide engaging activities that help young people develop their creativity, interests, and talents
- Plan budget request for regular library materials and Summer Library Program needs
- Recommend children’s and young adult materials for purchase and weed as needed
- Assemble and arrange timely displays
- Plan, execute, or arrange activities for children (storytime), as well as other programs, both in the library and out in the community designed to reach the maximum number of area children
- Keep statistics and records pertaining to youth services and provide reports concerning activities to the Branch Manager
Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent. Experience working with children or relevant education related to child development and/or education. Ability to create and maintain effective relationships with children of all ages, their caregivers, and other professionals who work with children. Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public. Physical ability to bend, lift, reach, and carry up to 25lbs. Self-motivated and able to exercise initiative and independent judgement. Basic computer skills including word processing and spreadsheets. Ability to travel locally within the Gulf Coast area for community outreach and special projects and programs. See job description for full details.
Hours: 40 hours per week, including some nights and Saturdays.
Minimum salary: $9.79 per hour.
Other benefits: Paid annual and sick leave, paid health & dental insurance, participation in state pension plan.